Monday 22 December 2008

Training week 7 - Getting Lost can be a good thing

Righto, got off to a cracking start on Monday with a new distance record of 15.7 km (9.5 mile), this wasn't really planned but somewhere along the way I took a wrong turn while running home from work and before I know it I had run an extra 4km than what I was planning. Anyway apart from the obvious exhaustion I felt pretty good afterward with no new injuries!

I decided to take Tuesday night off as I was pretty achy during the day and attempted a shortish 6km run on the Wednesday..which surprisingly proved actually too much for me and I found I had to walk the last kilometre. All was revealed Thursday when I woke up with the beginnings of the flu, this got worse by Thursday night causing me to have to take the day off work Friday.

After much of the weekend in bed I was feeling well enough on Sunday evening to have another jog, the plan was a gentle 8 km's to bring me up to my 30km for the week, however fate would have none of it and whilst thuroughly concentrating on my run and the music I was listening to I again missed a turn-off and found myself running out near some farmland, again I kept on jogging and eventually made it home for a very reasonable 11kms.

My plan now is to get rid of a couple of niggles with my lower legs and get myself pumped for my Christmas eve run from my house in Beckenham, Kent to my cousins in central London. This is the route I'm intending here it basically take me north through Anerley, Crystal Palace, West Norwood up to Tulse Hill then north-west through Streatham, Clapham and Battersea, crossing the Thames at Battersea Bridge then North through Chelsea, Kensington hopefully an open Hyde Park and finally into Bayswater. Fingers crossed work will finish a little earlier so maybe I can get through the more 'stabier' areas before nightfall. I'll be taking a camera along with me on this one so hopefully have slightly more interesting photos than me icing my leg next week.

Week 7 Results:

Distance Covered: 32.8 km's
Total running time: 3 hours 10 minutes
Average speed: 10.3 km/h
Money raised: £5.00 (Thanks Cat!)

No comments: