Monday 26 January 2009

Training Week 12 - Half marathon done, ...half way there

3 months gone, 3 months till the marathon, On Saturday I ran a half-marathon distance in an incredibly impressive 1hr 52 minutes, thanks much to flatmate, trainer and soon to be 3 time London marathon runner Gareth.

Unfortunately I wasn't particularly 100% during the week and only after being given the medical ok did I do some training so only the 2 runs for the week, the half-M and an easy 10km run which by accident turned into a bit of an 18km journey. Still although the weekly overall distance wasn't great both runs were pretty huge and I managed to sustain a good pace of over 11km/h for both.

Ok so training on track, I'm a couple of weeks ahead of most 16 week training programmes, however where I am lacking is sponsorship, only a third of the way there and time is starting to get short. If anyone has some fund raising ideas (I have been given a few already which I'll be looking into) please let me know, they just have to be reasonably simple without much work at this end as my nights and weekends will be coming increasingly running dominated.

Anyway thats it for now, onto the home stretch

-Josh


Week 12 Results:

Distance Covered: 39.3km
Total running time: 3 hours 29 minutes
Average speed: 11.3 km/h
Money raised: £0

No comments: