Tuesday 3 February 2009

Training Week 13 - INJURY! a bit of a backward step

Not the greatest running week by any means. After my half marathon run on the Saturday I had the Sunday off and attempted an easy 10km run home from work on the Monday, unfortunately my legs didn't feel great from the start, I persevered with it thinking they would come good after a couple of km's however after about 4km I found I could only jog in small bursts and by about the halfway stage I was reduced to a two leg limp..which I can tell you looks even more ridiculous when you're wearing tights and a blue red and white 'Where's Wally lookalike' hat...I don't know why I happened to choose the route with the least public transport available so unfortunately I had to walk the remaining 5km's home..not fun at all.

Still I figured this might have just been 'one of those nights' us runners have and that maybe I'd be alright running the following night...WRONG..an easy 5km run lasted only the 1km before every step felt like someone was driving a scalding hot bread knife through my shin handle first..again I chose a bad public transport route and had another mammoth route to walk.

Wednesday morning I called a physio and made an appointment for the following day..this was then delayed until Friday as the receptionist made a mistake and booked it in the clinic 20 miles away as opposed to the one across the road..still the Physio bloke was pretty cool, looked at my legs got me to do some stretch's and then gave me the diagnosis of tendonitis..and then he tells me the treatment for it is deep massage and 'I'm sorry but this really isn't going to be comfortable'
What followed was 30 minutes of pain that had me thinking I'd be happier running the marathon with tendonitis that go through anymore of this misery..in fact I don't care what you say mum but this was right up there with child-birth! And it cost me £50.00!

Well that was the running for the week..fingers crossed next week will be improved, but for all those budding masochists out there give marathon running a go..it'll blow your mind.

Week 13 Results

Distance Covered: 15.2 km's
Total running time: 2 hour 1 minutes
Average speed: 7.4 km/h
Money raised: £0

Cheers,


-Josh

No comments: