Monday 23 February 2009

Training Week 15 & 16 - London Flu part deux


Sick, sick, sick, sick!!! AND Getting stressed out about being sick which I'm guessing isn't helping me get better!! On the plus side injuries are having a good time off recovering! Maybe its just my body saying 'ease up son, lets not get all crazy on the training until you really need it'...then again maybe its the extreme cold weather followed by what is in comparison warm days (think we got double digits on the weekend..although hard to tell from bed) creating a great environment for cold and flu.

..anyway week 15: Total write off! Only made it into work mid-week as I don't get sick pay and therefore affect earnings and therefore my eligibility for a Visa extension.

Now week 16 was slightly improved, managed 3 incredibly mucusy runs before the body collapsed again and I had a round two with the flu from Saturday morning.

Mondays run:
On-call with work and call-outs started at 5pm just as I arrived at the gym so had to postpone until Tuesday.

Tuesdays run: 7km indoor.
A gentle...no actually scratch that, an arduous 7km journey with all manner of mucus threatening to expel itself all over gym equipment..fortunately I kept my dignity intact and completed this with minimum spillage.

Wednesdays run: 8km outdoor.
Outdoors where no deserted patch of grass was safe from what I was bringing up..just so you all know I don't ever spit normally, but these simply aren't normal times!!! Anyway for extra exertion I made this a hill run..ok to be fair it wasn't really for extra exertion I just wanted to be running downhill for the second half of the run to make me feel better about my new lack of fitness.

Fridays run: 5km outdoor.
Feeling the early effects of the flu..and I admit also being in a hurry to get into town for a birthday dinner, i decided on a nice relaxed 5km run. It was quite pleasant, what helped was there was still sunshine at 5pm at night which is a nice change.

Week 15 Results

Distance Covered: 0 km's
Total running time: 0 hours
Average speed: 0 km/h
Money raised: £10.00 thankyou Heather!!!

Week 16 Results

Distance Covered: 20.4 km's
Total running time: 1 hour, 51 minutes
Average speed: 11.0 km/h
Money raised: probably £50.00 (way back when discussions were first being had about working on-call for our franchise's bid submission I did volunteer to work a night for a donation to my charity, so true to my word I will put a nights wages into my charity just as soon as they're paid to me)

No comments: